Monday, July 27, 2009

Boredom is a state of mind

Since I've been back in the States, I've been on a quest to avoid boredom (perhaps this is my life quest too). Here's a random list of what I've been doing:
  • Watching too many episodes of What Not to Wear, Clean House, and The Dog Whisperer--my brain has become really fuzzy
  • Selling my stuff on Craigslist--I can't believe we ever had garage sales
  • Trying to read but electing for cable TV after a page--two boring books in a row, what are the odds?
  • Talking to Pollo in Spanish via Skype and Web cam--the more I talk to him, the more I realize how lucky I am to be his polola--this one's a good one
  • Partying: one Saturday, I got to go on a Party Bus with thirty of my closest friends (did I time my return home or what!)
  • Studying for the Personal Training exam in August (today's my first official day of studying everything I've read--as you can see by this blog, I'm procrastinating beautifully).
  • Getting my cats ready for the flight to the other side of the equator--my cat Toby is actually sleeping every morning in the crate! Woo hoo!
  • Praying for Ross Abinanti. He was found (Yay!) but has been in ICU for dehydration. He ate real food for the first time a few days ago, but an email asking to pray for Ross makes me think he's not out of the woods yet.
  • Visiting friends and family--I went to see Lucy who is now my cousin's dog. She's doing great. When I walked in, she was so excited, she ran three laps through the house: through the dining room and up on the couch around the living room. Although it was hard to say goodbye at the end of the day, I feel really good that she's in great hands.
  • Missing Chile (except for the stray dogs. I don't miss them.)
So that's it in a nutshell folks. I have a month and a half left, a test to take, a wedding to go to, a few dance classes I can't miss, and then I'm off again for Cathy's Adventure Take 2.

No comments: