Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ross Abinanti is still missing

Some of you may know...and some may not, but Ali Abinanti's dad, Ross, has been missing for a week. Ali was one of my best friends in high school, and I had spoken with Ross on many occasions.

He was last seen June 30. He has severe dementia, needs medication, and was last seen near downtown Campbell. Here's some links for more information:
Help Find Ross Facebook Page
San Jose Mercury Article

Every day, I have been posting 30 fliers around my neighborhood, which is the Abinanti's neighborhood too. It's amazing how many people are willing to help. There are over 1000 people who have joined the Facebook page. At the vigil last night, there must have been 100 people, at least.

Equally ridiculous have been the few corporations/chains who have refused to post fliers advertising Ross's disappearance--namely 24 Hour Fitness near Almaden Expressway and the CinePlex in that same shopping center. I don't want to live in a world where a corporation/chain forgets that it's made of individual locations and that those locations serve smaller communities...and those communities sometimes depend on local businesses for more than their menus and services.

But I don't want to focus on the negative here. I was happy to see that far more chains had a bulletin board for community fliers, or they allowed me to post the flier regardless of corporate rules.

Thank you so much to the following businesses in the Almaden Expwy shopping center near where the Old Safeway used to be:
Dipping Dots
Burger King
Mountain Mikes
Victory
Quiznos
Barber shop (near the Hooz Donuts)
Walgreen's on Koch Ln

Today is the day we find Ross.

1 comment:

Posts said...

It is great that store fronts put up the missing posters. My favorite is the one now in downtown Campbell that reads: "Found!!! Hooray!!" in ink next to Ross' picture. I was very happy to see that.