Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm thankful for things I'm thankful for

At first I wasn't going to write a Thanksgiving blog, because I never like to feel forced to be grateful. But then I thought about it, and I do feel grateful, so why the heck not write about feeling grateful on Thanksgiving day?

First of all, I feel incredibly lucky to be in Chile at all since it seemed like such a distant dream when I first began thinking about moving here. Sometimes I have to stop and laugh...dude...am I really in Chile?

I am absolutely and positively grateful for this house and my roommates. I have everything I need a walk or metro ride away. And when I'm home, I get to talk with Kanke and Caitlin who are two wonderful, understanding, insightful, powerful women. I am especially thankful for Kanke's cooking lessons and Caitlin's supply of library books.

I'm thankful for the job I have right now. Finally, the perfect amount of working!

I'm thankful for my camera and my computer and my ipod; the electronics I knew would keep me sane and give me something to do when I felt lost.

I'm thankful for all my friends, back home and now scattered throughout the world, who have helped me feel less homesick with their emails and phone calls.

I'm thankful for my family and their compassion and concern.

This is of course a very short list and I could continue, but I'm also thankful for feeling sleepy, so I will leave you with a thanks and a goodnight!

Happy Thanksgiving!
C in C

No comments: